Preventive Care Clinic in Los Banos, CA
Preventive care will play an important role in reducing the risk for diabetes, disabilities and clinical death. Dr. Raminder Mand, M.D., a specialist in nephrology, is passionate about primary care and works hard to provide exceptional preventive care to the patients at Los Banos Primary Care. Los Banos Primary Care offers preventive care to help detect or prevent serious diseases and medical problems before they can become major. For more information contact us today or book an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 1120 West I St Suite B, Los Banos, CA 93635.
Table of Contents:
A preventive care clinic is a medical facility that provides primary care to patients in order to keep them healthy and prevent them from needing advanced medical care. Preventive care clinics are sometimes called wellness clinics, and some offer a variety of services in addition to primary care, including diagnostic testing, medical testing, and medical procedures such as blood draw and vaccines. These clinics focus on services that can catch medical problems early when they are easiest to treat. These services can help patients of all ages stay healthy and avoid expensive medical bills.
Preventative health, also known as preventive health, is the branch of medicine dedicated to proactively keeping patients healthy rather than treating them when they are feeling unwell. Preventative health is not just about staying as healthy as possible for as long as possible; it is also about reducing the risk of developing life-changing diseases that could impede on one’s quality of life and their ability to perform everyday tasks independently.
Most people are aware that preventative health is important, but only a small percentage actually take the steps necessary to ensure they are doing everything they can to maintain their long-term health and happiness. Some of the most common preventative health practices include exercising, eating a healthy diet, and getting enough sleep. These are often referred to as lifestyle habits, and when practiced consistently, have been shown to have a significant impact on the health and well-being of the body. Preventative health services include disease screenings, physical examinations, health evaluations, and early treatments.
Preventive care comes in many forms, including:
• Blood pressure tests
• Diabetes screening
• Cholesterol tests
• Routine vaccinations
• Cancer screenings
• STI screenings
• Well-child visits
• Mental health screenings
There are three types of prevention:
• Primary prevention, which includes:
• legislation, mandates, and enforcement
• education about healthy and safe habits
• immunization against infectious diseases
• Secondary prevention, which includes:
• regular exams and disease screenings
• exercise programs
• suitably modified work
• Tertiary prevention, which includes:
• cardiac or stroke rehabilitation programs
• chronic disease management programs
• support groups
• vocational rehabilitation programs
There are many benefits of seeing a doctor for preventative health, including the following:
• Increased Lifespan — We all want to live a healthy and long life, and staying on top of our physical condition is the best way to achieve this. This can be accomplished by scheduling important screening tests, one of the best ways to prevent diseases like cancer, diabetes, and mental illness.
• Pay Less Over Time — Preventive health care can reduce healthcare costs in two ways: it lowers the long-term cost of disease management by detecting them early; delaying care makes it harder to treat many conditions, and the additional tests and procedures required to drive up the cost of care. The second way preventative health care reduces healthcare costs is through full insurance coverage; most insurance plans—even basic ones—will cover preventative services.
• Live an Active Life — Humans are inherently active; we must be mobile and physically capable in order to perform day-to-day functions. Health can quickly decline if we are not able to perform our activities, and underlying conditions can also physically limit us, forcing us into a sedentary lifestyle. By living an active life, we can improve our health; preventative health helps us stay in good physical condition so we can live a fulfilling life.
• Doctor Recommendations — Preventative health screenings allow doctors to provide their patients with a full scope of their potential health risks. During a preventative health exam, doctors will look into the patient’s family history to determine their potential risk for developing certain conditions; the doctor can then make recommendations to help reduce symptoms and improve their quality of life.
• Control a Problem — The main focus of preventative care is early detection of disease; early and timely treatment allows the condition to be managed more easily, leading to more propitious prognoses.
To stay on top of your health, come to Los Banos Primary Care for our preventive care. Call us today or book an appointment online at our preventive care clinic, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 1120 West I St Suite B, Los Banos, CA 93635. We look forward to serving you! We serve patients from Los Banos CA, Volta CA, Santa Nella CA, and Trent CA.